About Donations and Volunteering
All money received from adoptions and donations goes directly back into the rescue to pay for dog food, vetting, shots, spays/neuters, dog toys, treats, and anything else the pups may need. We are grateful to all those who support this effort.
The dogs saved by Amy’s Adoptable’s would not be here today if it were not for compassionate volunteers who spend countless hours:
- Searching in pounds for good family dogs to save from desperate situations.
- Transporting the dogs within Ohio or into Ohio from out-of-state.
- Fostering our many small, medium and large breed dogs.
- Showcasing our dogs both online and at Adoption Events.
- Scheduling and transporting dogs to and from vet appointments while they’re in our care.
- Meeting with potential adopters to evaluate adopter/dog fit.
- Managing our Senior Dogs/Senior Citizens and Inmate/Dog Rehabilitation Programs.
- Soliciting much-needed donations on a day in/day out basis.
- Conducting fund raising events.
- Seeking out volunteers as we continue to expand our footprint.
- And the list goes on and on!
Where We Get Our Adoptable Dogs
Until recently, most of our dogs came from Brooke County Shelter in West Virginia, the Cleveland Animal Protective League (APL) and a group named Friends of Fido. We have expanded our reach however to include high kill facilities in multiple states including Kentucky, Oklahoma and beyond. Additionally, due to our positive reputation, we have also been called upon to step in and help dogs who have been removed from hoarding situations.