About Donations, Sponsorships and Volunteering
100% of all money received from adoptions, sponsorships and donations pay for dog food, vetting, shots, spays/neuters, dog collars and leashes, dog toys, treats, and anything else the pups may need. We are grateful to all those who support this effort!
The dogs saved by Amy’s Adoptable’s would not be here today if it were not for compassionate volunteers who spend countless hours running our rescue operation by:
- Searching pounds for good family dogs to save from desperate situations.
- Transporting in-state (Ohio) and out-of-state dogs to our home-based fosters.
- Arranging vet appointments and transport for dogs in our care.
- Showcasing our dogs online.
- Meeting with potential adopters to evaluate adopter/dog fit.
- Soliciting much-needed business sponsorships and donations.
- Seeking out volunteers as we continue to expand our footprint.
Where We Get Our Adoptable Dogs
Most of our dogs come from Buster’s Brigade, Cleveland City Dogs and the Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter (Valley View). On a case-by-case basis, we have also expanded our reach to include high kill facilities in multiple states including Kentucky, Oklahoma and beyond. Additionally, due to our positive reputation, we have also been called upon to step in and help dogs who have been removed from hoarding situations.
A Word of Thanks
Prior to the Covid Pandemic, we had the opportunity to work closely with the staff and inmates of the Lake Erie Correctional Institution (LEC) in Conneaut, Ohio. Collectively, through the Inmate Program, we were able to save and train many dogs while giving the hand-selected inmates an opportunity to learn new skills as they contributed to the community in this unique and valuable way. Sadly the program became another victim of the pandemic. That said, we will always be appreciative of those who participated in that incredible program. Please accept my heartfelt “thank you”. – Amy .